• Friday – A Sallies Village woman and her four children were robbed in their 15th Road home by three men.
The woman was watching TV at about 11.30pm when she heard footsteps and voices.
As she got up to investigate, she saw three men in the passageway with two of her children.
The men, who were armed with guns, took the children to their mother in the sitting room and instructed them to lie on the floor.
One of the men kept a watch over them while the other two went to search the house.
They returned a short while later with the woman’s two other children.
The robbers told the children to ‘sleep’ and asked the woman where her husband was.
They demanded money and started to search the rooms.
The robbers fled with various household items, including a microwave, an iron, two TVs and cellphones.
It is reported that two of the children were taken to hospital following the incident, but no further information was available at the time of publication.
* A TV and two cellphones were stolen during a burglary at a home along McMillan Street in Brakpan North.
• Saturday – Two homes were broken into.
A residence in Wenden Avenue was burgled of a TV, two DVD players, sound equipment, a two-plate stove and cash, while a TV was stolen from a home along Witpoortjie Avenue in Rand Collieries.
* A female commuter was robbed in a taxi by a man armed with a knife.
The victim boarded the taxi at the corner of Springs Road and Farquharson Road in Minnebron at about 6.15pm.
Once they had driven off, a man in the taxi instructed the victim to lie down and pointed a knife at her.
He removed a ring from her finger and took her handbag, the contents of which included cellphones and cash.
* Shoes, clothes and a radio were stolen from a car parked at an address along Waterval Road in Leachville.
• Sunday – A woman was robbed outside her home along Dikbas Crescent in Leachville.
The victim was dropped off by friends at around 4.20am and was waiting for the gate to open when a man ran towards her.
He threatened her with a knife and took her bag, which contained cellphones, a bank card, cash and a pair of shoes.
• Thursday – Jewellery, a TV and a DVD player were stolen from a home in Curtis Street, Brenthurst.
* An attempt was made to break into a home along Edward Street in Anzac.
The security gate and front door were tampered with and damaged.
The following arrests were made in Brakpan over the weekend:
• Speeding: 6
• Shoplifting: 1
• Theft: 21
• Drunk driving: 12
• Contravention of protection order: 1
Information supplied by the Brakpan SAPS. All details are correct at the time of publishing.