While some primary health clinics will close at 1pm on Friday, December 22, ahead of the holiday period, the City of Ekurhuleni’s 24-hour community health care centres will continue operating throughout the festive season.
Primary health care clinics that operate during normal working hours will only be open from December 27 to 29 and will be functioning with skeleton staff.
However, Ekurhuleni residents can continue enjoying the convenience that comes with the city’s extended hours programme and 28 clinics have already implemented this across Ekurhuleni.
Patients are urged to plan in advance for routine check-ups at clinics before the start of the festive season. This will ensure that they receive treatment and medication.
The clinics are:
• Daveyton Main Community Day Centre: Stand 9307, Empilsweni Street, Daveyton
• KwaThema Community Health Centre: 7001 Moshoeshoe Street, Kwathema
• Nokuthela Ngwenya Community Health Centre: Vlakfontein Road, Dunnottar
• Phillip Moyo Community Health Centre: Etwatwa Extension Nine, Mandela Section, Benoni
• Community Health Centre: 219 Mpilo Street, Esangweni Section, Tembisa
• Ethafeni Midwife Obstetric Unit: 43 Bennin Steet, Ethafeni Section, Ethafeni Park, Tembisa
• Jabulane Dumane Community Health Centre: 257 Nguza Street, Extension Two, Vosloorus
• Ramokonopi Community Health Centre: 819 Portion B, Ramokonopi West Section, Ramokonopi
Also read: Municipal offices to close for the holidays