• Friday – A car in Gardiner Avenue was broken into and a laptop, GPS device and pair of earphones were stolen.
* Two TVs, a sound system, laptop and microwave were stolen from an address along Freel Street in Minnebron.
* A local law enforcer responding to a burglary in progress at a home in Anzac was attacked by the intruders.
Three men broke into the Brakpan Avenue house just before midday and ransacked it, but their plan came unstuck when the SAPS arrived.
In an attempt to evade capture, the trio – one of whom was armed with a screwdriver – attacked the responding officer.
The officer fired a shot, but the men continued their assault.
Two more shots were fired and two of the suspects sustained injuries.
They were placed under arrest and taken for medical treatment under police guard at the Far East Rand Hospital.
The third suspect was taken into custody and the stolen goods were recovered.
The officer was unharmed.
* Two men fled empty-handed after crashing the car they intended to steal.
The incident took place at an address along Kleinfontein Road in Anzac at around 9.45pm.
While closing the front gate, the victim was held at gunpoint by two men.
They demanded the keys to the car parked on the property, a grey BMW which belongs to the victim’s brother.
The victim was instructed to get into the car and one of the men got behind the wheel, but he hit a tree as he was reversing the vehicle.
The would-be hijackers then ran off.
* A security guard and other personnel at a Vulcania business were robbed by a gang of six men.
The men gained entry to the Lemmer Road premises at about 11.30pm and threatened victims at gunpoint.
They fled with cellphones, clothing and other valuables.
• Saturday – A white Toyota Corolla was stolen from the Sherwood Shopping Centre.
• Sunday – No priority crimes were reported at the time of publishing.
• Thursday – Two cars parked along Gerrit Maritz Avenue in Dalview were broken into in separate incidents.
Wheels and a sound system were stolen from one car while tools were taken from the other.
The following arrests were made in Brakpan over the weekend:
• Housebreaking and theft: 3
• Shoplifting: 3
• Possession of drugs: 2
• Theft: 1
Information supplied by the Brakpan SAPS. All details are correct at the time of publishing.