The Brakpan SAPS will no longer police the Apex area and Msholozi informal settlement in Benoni after new police precinct boundaries came into effect on October 1.
The boundaries determine which station polices what area and where crime in that area should be reported.
Apex and Msholozi have been returned to the Benoni SAPS precinct.
The Brakpan policing area is as follows:
• Shaft 7 Brakpan North (next to the golf course), nearest street Oval Road.
• Beginning at the north-western point of the R23 on the bridge, the railway line is the boundary between Brakpan and Actonville.
The railway line is excluded from the Brakpan boundary.
The railway line leads towards the direction of Brakpan North.
The area on the left-hand side, including the road, will be serviced by Benoni SAPS.
The right-hand side from the junction will be serviced by Springs SAPS.
The old Shaft 9 will also fall under the Springs precinct (next to the Sasol garage along Paul Kruger Highway).
The old railway line next to the shaft divides the precincts between Brakpan and Springs.
• The border between Brakpan and Springs along Hospital Road is divided by the low water bridge and is the old existing border.
• Prince George Avenue towards KwaThema is divided by the railway line underneath the bridge.
There are three railway lines and the land on the left-hand side, including the railway line, will be serviced by Brakpan SAPS.
• 12th Road up to the dirt road before Boland Street including 12th Road (Withok area) will be serviced by Brakpan SAPS.
• The R23 and R550 is the border between Nigel, Heidelberg and Brakpan.
The road leading towards Dawn Park up to the bridge opposite the silos is the border between Brakpan and Dawn Park.
The road starting at Boland Street towards the crossing of the R23 and R550 (Geluksdal on the left) on the left-hand side will be serviced by Tsakane SAPS.
• Van Dyk Road is the border between Brakpan and Dawn Park.
Van Dyk Road will be serviced by Dawn Park SAPS.
The mine dump next to Helderwyk is also the border between Dawn Park and Brakpan and the Brakpan SAPS will service the area next to the mine dump.
• The border between Brakpan and Boksburg next to the Brakpan Benoni Airfield is divided by Barry Marais Street.
The street and the open veld opposite the cemetery will be policed by Boksburg SAPS.